A digital signature is a type of electronic signature created using cryptographic transformation. This file is based on complex data sets, which a banking institution usually forms. The electronic signature allows the owner to sign documents remotely, transferring many processes online.
The same line in a special section of the contract or any other document confirms your intentions. However, your name, taxpayer identification code, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number, etc., are recorded in the digital signature.
Usage of digital signature
Both individuals and legal entities can use a digital signature. According to the Law on Electronic Trust Services, a qualified electronic signature has the same legal force as a handwritten signature. It has the presumption of conformity of the handwritten signature.
There are three types of electronic signatures, namely:
- Simple digital signature – low level of security.
- Advanced digital signature – medium level of protection.
- Qualified digital signature – a high level of protection.
Depending on the capabilities of the signature provider and your needs, you can choose one of the options.
What do you need a digital signature?
A digital signature is actively implemented to simplify and speed up the flow of documents between business entities. This strengthens the competitiveness of enterprises and generally promotes the development of business practices. And this is an additional security barrier, as it is impossible to forge an electronic digital signature.
Required properties of signed documents:
- Authenticity (authenticity; “non-repudiation” of the authorship of information).
They are provided by cryptographic algorithms and protocols, as well as software and hardware-software solutions based on them for forming an electronic signature.
With a certain degree of simplification, we can say that the security of an electronic signature and services provided on its basis are based on the fact that the “private” keys of an electronic signature are kept secret in a protected form, and that each user keeps them responsibly and does not allow incidents.
Note: when purchasing a token, it is essential to change the factory password so that no one can access the digital signature mechanism except its owner.
Using digital signatures in paperwork
Modern board portals are one of those services where you can safely use an electronic signature. How does it work?
- Corporate portals for managers allow the leaders of large companies to hold meetings, vote, and approve resolutions.
- For any corporate document to be valid, it must be signed. Since the event is held online, signatures must also be put online somehow. That is why you can use electronic signatures.
- It is enough for each meeting participant to certify the created document with their digital signature.
After that, the documentation is sent to the performers, as well as to the archive. Legally, a digital signature weighs the same as a handwritten one. Therefore, you can get it only at the bank, and only the signature owner can use it – it is impossible to fake it.